You can Block or Unblock Windows Programmes from getting connected to the Internet which usually disturbs you from getting updates and renewing licences of that Programmes from Windows Firewall in 2 Ways. It also happens that some programmes/software’s are required to be blocked from getting connected to the internet, in order to run them.
Windows Firewall is a gateway to connect your Programmes/Software to the Internet and which usually brings virus and unwanted Programmes or files, if some Programmes may have direct access to Internet. Windows Firewall must be managed properly in order to manage your computer/Laptop’s programme connections. You can easily allow/unblock connections of your Programmes as many of the programmes asks for an access to Internet as frequently when you open them first time, these situations are common while opening a newly installed Game.
Considering this, many of the application or software’s don’t even run without connection to Internet also. So block/unblock the access of programmes very carefully and keep in mind that they require or don’t require an active Windows firewall Connection. Let’s get started with this trick on blocking or unblocking a programme access to Internet through firewall in 2 Ways:
How to Block or Unblock a Programme Access to Internet through Firewall:
1st Way →
- Open your Control Panel by Windows Explorer → Computer → Open Control Panel OR Start Menu → Control Panel.
- Now go in System and Security → Firewall → Advanced Security.
- In ‘Windows firewall with Advanced Security’click on ‘Inbound Rules’ and Select a programme name which Auto-Connects with Internet through Firewall.
- Right click on the selected programme and click on ‘Disable rule’.
- Now repeat these steps on ‘Outbound Rules’ on left column to completely Block a Programmes access to Internet.
- If you want to Allow or Unblock the access of that Programme to Internet then right click on that programme and click on ‘Enable rule’.
If still you are unable to find and block access to your programme then follow 2nd Way to stop the access of that programme to Internet.
2nd Way →
- In ‘Windows Firewall with Advanced Security’ select ‘New Rule’ to block access of that programme manually.
- Now select ‘Programme’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Select the programme path in ‘This programme path’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Now click on ‘Block the connection’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Select all the ‘Profile’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Give any ‘Name’ of the Session and click on ‘Finish’.
- Now to delete the selected new rule, GOTO → Inbound rules and select ‘Rule Profile Name’ and delete it.
These ways to Block access of a Programme will help you to auto-connect and auto-download viruses and unknown threats also.
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..