Apple Mac OS X Mavericks – 10.9 is one of the version of Mac OS X family with more advanced features and services from Snow Leopard – 10.6, Lion – 10.7 and Mountain Lion 10.8. Mac OS X Mavericks – 10.9 doesn’t comes with any Bootable DvD so that users can format their Computer. User’s need to download it from Mac store and install it in their Mac OS.
Downloading Mac OS every time and installing it when you need your Mac can cause trouble, which also requires a high speed of Internet connection also.What-it you have a backup of your Mac OS which will save your time from downloading files of your Mac OS. You need to keep a back-up of Mac OS because if something went wrong with your computer or if you want to re-install your Mac OS then your back-up can save you. Keeping such Back-ups can save your lot of time of Re-installing Mac OS. As there are two methods for doing this, So let’s get started with this trick:
How to create Bootable Mac OS X mavericks on USB:
Note: This methods can be completed on Mac computers only.
1st Method: Terminal.
- Download your Mac OS X – 10.9 Mavericks from Apple Mac Store.
- If you haven’t installed Mavericks on your Mac Computer then download it but don’t start the installation.
- The file called Install OS X Mavericks will be downloaded in your Applications folder.
- Now you have to Format your USB/Flash Drive( your USB/Flash drive Should be of minimum 8 gb).
- Select your USB drive from the left side in Disk Utility and click on Erase tab > Erase button.
Note: Format it as Mac OS Extended and the name it as Untitled.
- Now click on the Erase button to repartition your USB/Flash drive.
- Open your Terminal – you can find this in > Utilities Folder > Applications or you can use Spotlight search.
- After opening the Terminal you have to copy these commands and paste it in the terminal and then hit on enter.
sudo /Applications/Install OS X Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia – -volume /Volumes/Untitled – -applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X Mavericks.app – -nointeraction
- Now it will ask you to enter your administrative password.
- Type the password and press enter.
Note: To proceed you must type the password,
Terminal will now initialize the process by erasing the drive again and copying the files into it.
Note: This process will take your lot of time depending on your Computer Speed.
Users who are facing problem with this ,ethods can also use the method of Diskmaker also. As Diskmaker also help in making bootable Usb/Flash Drives for many Versions of Mac OS.
2nd Method: Diskmaker.
- Download and Install DiskMaker Software. If you have any trouble in getting it then Download it from these Mirrors.
- Format your USB Drive.
- Now Open Diskmaker and chose Mavericks – 10.9.
- Then select use this copy of your OS and choose the USB/Flash drive option, select the partition you want to format/Erase.
- Then enter your Administrator password if it asks you.
- Its done and your device will be ready in some times.
As this trick will help you in creating a Bootable Usb/Flash Drive, you should also know to use it and we gave also provided you with its Usage.
Do you Know:
- How to Use This Created OS X 10.9 Mavericks bootable drive.
- To do this Insert the USB flash drive and restart your Mac system, while holding down the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Now you should see a gray screen, select “Install OS X Mavericks”.
- Now either you can upgrade to the latest version or you can fully erase the old version and install the latest Mavericks OS X 10.9 version.
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..