RAM (Random Access Memory) in your Computer or Laptop plays a major role on how fast and smoothly you can work on your computer. The stored data will be lost when you turn-off your computer.If you have some space on your Pen-Drives or Flash Drives then You can use a Pen Drive or any other Flash Drive as your RAM which will help you in increasing your Memory.
You can add extra RAM or you can use USB drive as RAM to increase your computer performance. It is good and it is inexpensive way to add some extra memory to your Computers or Laptop’s RAM. The processing speed of any task depends on Random Access Memory (RAM). RAM is a memory used to store temporary data to be processed by a computers CPU.You can use your Hard Disk also to create Virtual Memory (RAM) for your Computry or Laptop on Windows.
Basically a computer with lower amount of RAM, will work slowly and no one likes a slow computer with slow process of tasks.So to use your USB Drive as RAM, all you need is a USB drive and a Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows vista, Windows XP or other versions of Windows. So, Lets get started on this trick of:
How to Create Pen-Drives as Ram on Windows:
How to Create Pen-Drives as RAM on Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Insert your USB or any Flash Drive Drive.
- Now Format it with ‘NTFS’ file system.
- After formatting it, right-click on your USB drive.
- Select its “Properties”.
- Click on “ReadyBoost tab”.
- Now click on “Use this device”.
- Now Scroll it to your desirable free size.
- Click “OK” and “Apply”.
Restart you Computer or Laptop and you are ready with your new RAM.
How to create pen drives as your RAM on Windows XP:
- Insert your Pen-Drives/USB Flash Drives.
- Right Click on “My Computer” and Select “Properties”.
- Now in “System Properties”Click on “Advance Tab” and in “Performance” click on “Settings”.
- Now in “Performance Option” Click on “Advance” and then on “change“
- Now select your USB drive or other drives that you want to use as RAM.
- After selecting your USB drive Click on “Custom size”
- Then Click on “set“ button and click on “OK”.
- Now restart your PC and you are ready to use USB Drive as RAM in your Windows XP PC.
NOTE: It actually doesnt increases you ram, but you performances are Boosted.
This Trick grants extra Memory to your computer for Paging Files which means that you can easily use your Pen Drives as your RAM on Windows computer.
Watch its Video →
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..