Microsoft’s Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 can be used on your Windows 7 with the help of a software named as Virtual Box by Oracle. It is good for the users who want to use new operating systems on their old operating systems and as such you can use Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 on your Windows 7 desktop or Laptops.
Many time it happens that you want to Purchase an Operating System but before you Purchase that Operating System, you want to use that Operating System and check weather it has good features or not. During such times Virtual Box can play a vital role in making your decision to Purchase that Operating System as it gives you the freedom to use different Operating Systems in your Windows 7 Computer’s or Laptop’s.
It’s not that only before Purchasing an Operating System only, Virtual Box should be used. You can use Virtual Box for different purposes also which is great for those who like to use different Operating Systems on their Operating System’s. Virtual Box is available for many platforms such as, Windows, OS X, Linux, Solaris and can be used by anyone on their Computers and Laptops. We will see that how users can install Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 on their Windows 7. The Installation of Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 is not much different, it is quite the same. So let’s get started with this Trick in 2 steps:
First of all, we should have the REQUIREMENTS for it:
- Windows 8/8.1 Bootable DvD or Daemon Tools Lite/any ISO Opener (If you have a Windows 8/8.1 ISO image).
- Latest version of Virtual Machine.
- A Windows 7 Computer.
- Minimum 25 GB of free space on your Computer.
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 on Windows 7 :
Step 1 → Set-up your Virtual Machine.
- First, we have to install the Virtual Machine by Oracle, for that you should see → How to install virtual machine.
- Then you have to Set-up your Virtual Machine to Install windows 8/8.1 on your Computer.
- Open your set-up of Virtual Machine, which is on your Desktop.
- Now you have to Click on Machine and select New.
- Next, you have to Type your desired name and you also have to Select the Type of Operating System you Desired.
- I am Typing name of Machine as Eight and also i am selecting Type as Microsoft Windows and its Version as Windows 8.1 (32 bit).
- Then you have to click on ‘Next’.
- Now give the Ram Size you have to want to give to your Virtual Machine.
- It is good to give half of the Ram Size of Ram you Have.
- I am having 4 GB of Ram, So i am giving 1777 MB of Ram to my Virtual Machine.
- Then click on ‘Next’.
- Now select ‘To create a Virtual Hard Drive’.
- Then click on ‘Create’.
- Now select ‘VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)’.
- Then click on ‘Next’.
- Now select the allocation of Hard Disk Size as ‘Dynamically Allocated’.
- Then click on ‘Next’.
- Now it will ask you to select your Destination and maximum size of your Hard Disk.
- Leave it as it is and click on Create.
- Your Machine for Windows 8/8.1 is Created.
After creating a successful Virtual Box set-up you have to Install a fresh Copy of Windows 8/8.1 on your computer or Laptop. So take a look on Step 2 to install a fresh copy of Windows 8/8.1 on your Virtual Machine of your Computer or Laptop.
Step 2 → Install Windows 8/8.1 on your Machine.
- Open your Windows 8/8.1 ISO Image to install it on your Windows 7 with Virtual Machine.
You Can also see → How to open ISO image files directly.
- Now, Click on ‘Start’.
- Sometimes after starting, it asks you for the Virtual Windows 7 Disk, Then you have to select that Drive from which you are installing your Windows 8/8.1 or select the drive in which you have Windows 8/8.1 DvD.
- After selecting it your Windows 8/8.1 Installation will start.
- Now you have to select the language, Currency format and keyboard or Input Method and Click on ‘Next’.
- Now click on ‘Install Now’ to begin with the Installation.
- Select the type of Windows 8/8.1 which you want. (You will see this option if you are using a copy of Windows 8/8.1 which have many types in it.)
- Here you may also select ‘Architecture’ of your Windows 8/8.1 as x86 or x64 (32 bit or 64 bit.)
- We will go for x86 as we have selected 32 bit Architecture in beginning.
- Now mark/click on ‘I accept License Terms’ to Start with the installation.
- Now Select ‘Custom: Install windows only (advanced)‘ to install a fresh copy of Windows 8/8.1.
- Select the drive where you want to install your Windows 8/8.1 and click on ‘Next’.
- Your windows 8/8.1 will begin Installation by Copying Windows files.
- Now you have to set-up your new Windows 8/8.1.
- In Personalization Option Select a colour and type PC name, then click on ‘Next’.
- Now click on ‘Use Express Settings’, You can also ‘Customize’ your Setting if you know about it.
- Just type a Username for now as you can create a password for it Later and click on ‘Finish’.
- Then it will ‘Finalize’ your settings.
- After this step You will have a Windows 8/8.1.
Check Out → How to Install Windows from USB with WintoFlash
A virtual Machine gives you a power of Using different types of Operating Systems. As New and many Operating Systems are available in market. It will help you in Trying and adapting to new and different types of Operating Systems without the Headache of changing your Operating Systems.
Did you know:
- Every computer must have A Virtual Machine as you can try different Operating Systems before Purchasing It.
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..