We keep our files in folders of our computer or Laptop thinking that it’s limited to us, but sometimes our friend or our family member can access it, which might cause us some problems. However, we can Lock such Important folders without use of any Software’s which may cause problems to our Important folders. Different Software’s Locks our precious folder easily but they are risky if our computer is formatted or may go into other problems.
This is usually done when we want to protect our Folders with some Important files in it which we don’t want to share with anyone. This situation can happen with any-one among of us and it is quite difficult to handle if the things go wrong. It is not Easy to do but it gives an assurance to us that our files will be safe even if some of the things go wrong with our Computer or Laptop. So let’s get started with this trick of:
How to lock folders without any Softwares:
- Open Notepad on your Computer.
- Copy and Paste this code in the Notepad
cls @ECHO OFF title Folder Private if EXIST "HTG Locker" goto UNLOCK if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER :CONFIRM echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N) set/p "cho=>" if %cho%==Y goto LOCK if %cho%==y goto LOCK if %cho%==n goto END if %cho%==N goto END echo Invalid choice. goto CONFIRM :LOCK ren Private "HTG Locker" attrib +h +s "HTG Locker" echo Folder locked goto End :UNLOCK echo Enter password to unlock folder set/p "pass=>" if NOT %pass%== type_here goto FAIL attrib -h -s "HTG Locker" ren "HTG Locker" Private echo Folder Unlocked successfully goto End :FAIL echo Invalid password goto end :MDLOCKER md Private echo Private created successfully goto End :End
- Now in this code look for the text “type_here”
- Replace your desired password with that text “type_here”
- Now save the file with the name of locker.bat and save it anywhere you want it.
- Close the Notepad window.
Now we will see that How to access and save files in this folder.
- Open the Locker file you created by double-clicking on it.
- After you double clicked on it you’ll see a new Folder with the name “Private/Locker” or you may enter into it automatically.
- Drag files you want to hide in this folder named “Locker”.
- After dragging or copying all the files to Locker Folder, double click on Locker.bat.
- Now in the command window you’ll see a message “Are you sure u want to Lock the folder(Y/N)” and press ‘Y’ enter.
The locker folder will be hidden from others and now if you want to open that folder again then, double click on Locker.bat and enter the password. It Becomes a System file which is not seen until we Enable it to Open.