It is possible to merge multiple contacts into one as Windows operating system provides us with the facility to merge multiple contacts into one. Contacts are the most important thing that we usually accumulate over longer periods by meeting hundreds of people in society, but smartphones do not allow such synchronizations between devices, especially if it is coming from different manufacturers.
The most painful task is to synchronize various contacts into one. Take Samsung Java phones: the contacts saved by the device on the computer are in the .nbf format. The problem is not with the format but with the number of contacts it creates. If a backup is taken from a Nokia or Samsung Symbian smartphone the application creates exactly the same number of . VCF files as there are contacts on the user’s phone.
But while synchronizing those contacts with other smartphones a single file of contacts needs to be processed, otherwise users need to repeat the same process of uploading and opening each contact file till all the contacts are saved again and again, and that could take months. Well, there is a simpler way and that too without using any applications you can merge multiple contacts into one. Follow these steps to merge multiple contact (.VCF) files in one by using just a few command prompt entries. So lets get started on this Trick:
How to Merge Contacts in one on Windows:
- Take a backup of all the contact files (.VCF) or (.CSV) and paste them in a single new folder anywhere on the computer.
- Open Command prompt from the applications menu, or you can also press the Windows key and the R key (Win+ R) simultaneously to open the application run prompt.
- Now when the RUN Prompt will open type CMD and press enter.
- When the Command Prompt opens up then type in ‘d:’ followed by the directory in which the contacts are saved.
For e.g. if you have saved your contacts in drive D then the command should be "d:" and write "cd contacts".
- Go to the directory where your saved contacts are located and type:
- Then the next screen will display all the contacts followed by the message as: 1 file copied.
- Now you can use the single file to synchronize contacts between devices.
This steps are very essential if you want to merge your Contacts in one on Windows Operating System.
After Merging Contacts, you can send it to your Windows Phone.