Android phone or a Tablet usually gets permanently locked when we enter wrong password or you draw too many wrong patterns on your phone tablet.This is usually done by others or a kid near you. But now you can unlock your device even if it gets locked permanently by following these steps.
It’s good if your Device get’s locked if you Have ” Switched ON your WiFi or Your Data Pack ” as it will ask you for your Gmail account and password. But what if you ” Turned off your WiFi or your Device goes in Airplane Mode”, Don’t worry you will get your device unlocked now even if your device gets locked Permanently. Just follow these simple steps on:
How to unlock pattern on android without losing your data:
- Download and Install android SDK on PC.
- Connect the device with USB cable to the PC.
- Download and Install USB drivers for android device on PC (Update drivers using this folder).
Open the command prompt (cmd) in Windows. – Run it as administrator
- Change directory to the android SDK platform tools (cd C:Program FilesAndroidandroid-sdkplatform-tools)
Type following commands in cmd
adb devices(verify device is identified by pc. If not reconnect device and try again. it should display “device” with a serial no)
update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
update secure set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';(for some devices update “system” is enough but I had to update “secure” too)
update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
update secure set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
Now your device should be unlocked. If not do this step too,
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key(I didn’t have to do it. But it had mentioned here)
Note: In order to use this trick your USB DEBUGGING must be ON.
You can turn on your USB debugging by:
- Goto your Settings on Android.
- Then search for Developer options.
- Then you will find ‘USB Debugging’, Just select it and it will be Turned On.
Did You Know:
- Turning ON your USB DEBUGGING Mode helps you in Several ways.
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..