When we go out for a trip or somewhere else having Internet on Computer or Laptop by cable, dongle or other sources and we want to use that Internet Connection on our Mobile Phones or various other devices, then we can use it through WiFi. Today almost every Laptop and even Computers come with Inbuilt WiFi support to access Internet wirelessly, but still they don’t have WiFi Hot-spot facility which is quite disappointing. So What if, you want to share the Internet from your computer to other devices like Mobile Phones or some Tablets.
To share this Internet connection we need WiFi hot-spot feature, even Android and other Smartphones comes with inbuilt WiFi hot-spot feature but our Computers and Laptop don’t have such inbuilt tools to do it. This type of services should be provided by the Manufacturer’s as it helps us providing WiFi Internet to various devices.
Check out →
How to write your Name on Lock Screen of Android
How to play online videos in background on Android
How to change email service from gmail to outlook
How to get notify when someone comes online on facebook
Virtual Router is a free, open source software based router for PCs running Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and 8.1. Using Virtual Router, users can wirelessly share any Internet connection (Wifi, LAN, Cable Modem, Dial-up, Cellular, etc.) with any WiFi device (Laptop, Smart Phone, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android Phone, Zune, Netbook, wireless printer, etc.) These devices connect to Virtual Router just like any other access point, and the connection is completely secured using WPA2 (the most secure wireless encryption). So, Lets get started with the trick of:
- A Laptop or PC running on Windows 10, 8 or 8.1, Windows 7 or other versions of Windows.
- A Wi-Fi device (Only if your Laptop/PC don’t have inbuilt Wi-Fi device).
How to use computers Internet as WiFi hot-spot on Windows:
- Download and Install Virtual Router.
- Open it and Give your Desired SSID name.
- Use WAP 2 for more security.
- Give Password of at least 8 letters.
- Click on “Stop Virtual Router” to stop Connections between devices.
Now Turn on WiFi of your device and search for available connections and your newly created WiFi Hot-spot will be detected on your Mobile Devices with a Password.
How To Change Device (Connected Peer) Icon:
You can open the Device “Properties” dialog one of two ways:
- Double Click the Device / Connected Peer.
- Right Click the Device / Connected Peer and Select “Properties…”
- Then click on the “Change Icon…” Button, and Select the Icon you want and click “Save”.
Did you Know :
- By pressing alt + F4 together you can close any running process easily on your windows computer.
- Pressing alt + tab gives you option of switching from one programme to other, when many programmes are opened on windows computer.
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..