If you want to watch YouTube Videos on your VLC Media Player then it possible to watch it on VLC Media player. You get advanced controls which you don’t get on YouTube video Player or while watching YouTube videos online. You can also correct MRL errors which are shown when you try to play YouTube Videos on you VLC Meda Player.
VlC Media Player can do lot of things while viewing these online videos. YouTube video player provides minimum control while watching videos on it, but with VLC you can use all possible features available in it. It’s also good, if you don’t want to view those unnecessary video recommendations, comments and advertisements in the sidebar which is associated with your video and if you are looking for a YouTube player alternative then VLC Media Player is the best option for you.
Sometimes when you try to play YouTube Videos online then you get some type of errors known as MRL error, http error, Decoding error or SMTP error and other errors. These errors are usually shown if you dont have an online streaming file of YouTube which is very essential for any YouTube video and by adding these file you can play your all Videos of YouTube on your Vlc Media Player. So let’s get started with this trick in 2 Methods:
How to Play YouTube Videos on VLC without any Errors:
- Download and Install VLC Player.
- Open your VLC Media Player.
- Click on Tools and select Preferences from the toolbar.
- In the next window, at the bottom select All from Show settings section.
- When you click on All, you’ll see all hidden settings.
- From the list click on Input/Codec.
- Next, in Input/ Codec section, find Preferred video resolution and from the drop down list Select video resolution which depends on your internet speed.
- Click on Save to save the settings.
- Now to watch any YouTube video, go to YouTube.com and simply drag the video OR the video URL to your VLC player and Click on Play button of VLC.
- Wait until it loads and starts to play.
If this method doesn’t work then you can try:
- Open your VLC Media Player.
- Now Go to Media → Open Network Stream and paste the desired YouTube video URL
- Now Hit Play.
Sometimes while trying to play these online videos from YouTube many peoples face the problems of Errors like MRL error or some other errors. This errors come because of some absencce of youtube file or due to Block of firewall but you can correct it it also.
- First of all you need to download this file – youtube.lua
- You need to paste this file in the playlist folder of your VLC installation directory.
- The path may vary according to your OS which you have to find.
- While downnloading that file if it shows you some webpage then, you Should right click on it and Select “Save it as/Save tartet as” and rename it as “youtube.lua”
- Copy this file and paste it in:
– C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.lua OR
– C:\Program Files\VLC\2.0.5\lua\playlist\youtube.lua OR
– C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.lua OR
– Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\vlc\lua\playlist\
– Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/playlist/
– Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/playlist/
– Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/playlist/
(create directories if they don\’t exist).
- Some browser (Chrome…) may change the file extension to ‘.txt’ instead of ‘.lua’, so make sure you choose ‘All extensions’ in the dialog box when you save the file on your computer.
- Now open VLC, click Media and then click Open Network Stream.
- Now copy any Youtube video url and paste over there.
- Then Click on Play.
- You should also check your Firewall connections for VLC Player and allow this connection.
This method works fine for playing YouTube Videos online. The major error most of the peoples get is the MRL error which can be solved if you paste this ‘youtube.lua’ file in VLC’s Playlist Folder.
Watch a video on this →
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..