You should maintain the security of your email accounts and make it 100 percent hack proof due to number of increasing Hackers in our society. Many-times our email account gets hacked and we may not be aware of that, which can cause you trouble by stealing your data. We believe that our email account is safe, but in reality our private and confidential information may fall in the hands of a third person which we won’t like.
Sometimes we just forget to ‘Sign-out’ from our Account on the Bank Sites or we also forget to ‘Sign-out’ from Social-Sites or we also forget to ‘Sign-out’ from other usefull sites and at that point we might be get hacked. It may be like a nightmare if you would know that someone has hacked your email account.
It also happens that we may have stored some important data on email account in form of Drafts or you may have received some personal mails. Getting Hacked on your email can lead to lot of worries in your mind, so knowing these activities before getting Hacked can save you from those worries. We will see that how some suspicious activity on our emails can be detected and what are the ways to stop those activities which can cause us some troubles. Lets get started on these Tips:
Know about Suspicious Activity on your Email Account:
- Check whether your new emails are marked as ‘Read’ even if you have not read them.
- Your some emails are moved to Trash or it’s even permanently deleted without your notice.
- Check whether your emails are being forwarded to a third party email address or not (check your settings → forwarding).
- Your secondary email address or mobile number got changed or not.
If you come noticed any of the above activities on your email account, then it clear’s that your email account is hacked.
- Some Security Features on your Gmail Account:
Gmail provides an additional security feature to protect your email address through the means of IP address Gateway for logging-in. Gmail records your IP address every time you log in to your Gmail account. So, if someone gets access to your account then even his IP address is also recorded.
- Gmail – 2 step Verification:
It is the most Important feature that gmail provides us by blocking others and by granting access with two ways. When you log-in from other Computers or Devices then Google sends you a Verification code on your Mobile to confirm that it’s you.It also gives authority to access gmail from a computer that you have verified. So go for 2 step verification to protect your Gmail Accout.
Steps to Stop these Suspicious Activity:
If you still feel that your account is hacked or someone is using it, then you must follow the steps Mentioned below:
- Change your email account Password.
- Change your email accounts security question.
- Remove any other’s email address (if any) to which your email account is set to forward your accounts email.
- Make sure that you can access the email account of your secondary email address.
- Also change your secondary email address’s password and security question.
If you have any difficulty, then you can ask us anytime. We are here for you.
Did you know →
- 2 Step verification process is the most innovative method to Stop these Suspicious activity on Gmail.
Don’t forget to Give your valuable comments..