MRL Error can be a biggest nightmare on Vlc media player when you try to play YouTube video on your VLC media player. This error occurs when a file is missing from your VLC Installed Directory. However this problem with VLC Media Player can be fixed by pasting a ‘youtube.lua’ file and there may be other reasons which are also briefly explained.
VlC Media Player can do lot of things while viewing the online videos. YouTube video player provides minimum control while watching videos on it, but with VLC you can use all possible features available in it. It’s also good, if you don’t want to view those unnecessary video recommendations, comments and advertisements on the page which is associated with your video. If you are looking for a YouTube player alternative then VLC Media Player is the best option for you.
Check out →
Top and Best Useful Map apps for your Android Device
Copy Windows Text, Links or Files to Android and Send Android Notifications to Windows
How to Increase RAM of Android Devices with Rooting
How to change Name and Password of your Wifi Router
How to Increase Copying Speed of any USB
How to format write protected USB
How to convert video files with VLC
Sometimes while trying to play these online videos from YouTube many users face the problems of Error like MRL error or some other errors. This errors come because of some absence of YouTube file or due to Block of firewall but you can correct it it also.
MRL error on VLC for Youtube Solved
1. First of all you need to download and extract this file → youtube.lua
2. Then paste this file in the lua folder of your VLC installation directory, where the path may vary according to your OS which you have to find.
- C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.lua OR
- C:\Program Files\VLC\2.0.5\lua\playlist\youtube.lua OR
- C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\playlist\youtube.lua OR
- Windows (current user): %APPDATA%\vlc\lua\playlist\
- Linux (all users): /usr/lib/vlc/lua/playlist/
- Linux (current user): ~/.local/share/vlc/lua/playlist/
- Mac OS X (all users): /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/playlist/
3. Turn-off your Firewall connections.
4. Now open VLC, click Media and then click Open Network Stream.
5. Now copy any Youtube video url and paste over there and then Click on Play.
This method nearly plays all the Videos of YouTube on your VLC Media Player except the Copyrighted Videos. Playing your VLC Player for YouTube Videos are good when You are viewing some series of Tutorials. Tell us that this trick worked for you or not ?
Watch its Video →